NEW ORLEANS, La. – The Maison Dupuy announced the completion of a $6 million renovation. Covering a span of over eight months, the project was initiated to improve the property’s iconic courtyard and correct water intrusion damage in the building, basement, and parking garage. The result was a full-scale upgrade, from new slate flooring in the courtyard all the way up to the rooftop.
General Manger Steve Ferran explained that five to 25 guest rooms at a time were out of service from March 31 to November 17, 2015. Additionally, the entire hotel was closed for 17 days during the height of the project.
Landis Construction (New Orleans) oversaw the project as general contractor, along with architectural firm Holley and Smith (New Orleans) and the design team Anderson-Miller (Chicago).
The specific scope of work included:
- Removal and replacement of roof
- Removal and replacement of some of the exterior stucco and brick
- Removal and replacement of damaged wood
- Removal and replacement of windows and window frames, doors and French doors, and door frames
- Repair and resurfacing of all balconies
- Demolition of hotel’s patio and courtyard including the removal of all slate flooring, landscaping, brick planters; installation of new slate flooring in courtyard and pool deck
- Installation of new subsurface draining beneath courtyard flooring
- Demolition of exterior hot tub
- Resurfacing of swimming pool walls and floors, including stone coping along perimeter of pool
- Demolition of large courtyard fountain and installation of new fountain
- Construction of new brick planters and installation of new courtyard landscaping
- Removal of old lighting in courtyard, courtyard walls and planters and installation on new lighting
- Removal of old courtyard sound system and installation of new sound system
- Removal of old slate flooring in hotel’s porte cochere and installation of new slate flooring
- Waterproofing of all exterior brick, masonry and wood facades of the building
- Repair and paint all exterior wrought iron balconies
- Installation of waterproof coating beneath new exterior slate in courtyard, pool deck and porte cochere
- Removal of gutters and downspouts and replacement with new copper gutters and downspouts
- Replacement of pool lighting with multi-colored LED lighting
- Replacement of all pool, courtyard and balcony furniture
- Removal and replacement of loading dock doors and door frames (still to be completed)
- Removal of existing lighting in porte cochere and installation of new lighting (still to be completed)
The Maison Dupuy is a 200‐room property located in the residential section of the historic New Orleans French Quarter. Created by joining five neighboring townhouses, the boutique hotel is quintessentially New Orleans. The spacious courtyard, surrounded by wrought iron balconies and lush foliage, is a favorite location for weddings and special events. In addition to 2,600 square feet of flexible meeting space, the hotel offers casual Creole and American dining in Bistreaux, an outdoor pool and a 24‐hour fitness center. The Maison Dupuy is owned and managed by Fillmore Capital Partners of San Francisco.